The Initiative Individual in the Creativity of the Collective – Tatlin
1. The initiative individual is the collector of the energy of the collective, directed towards knowledge and invention.
2. The initiative individual serves as a contact between the invention and the creativity of the collective.
3. The viability of the collective is confirmed by the number of initiative units distinguished by it.
4. The initiative individual is the refraction point of the collective’s creativity and brings realization to the idea.
5. Art, always being connected with life at the moment of change in the political system (change of the Collective-consumer), and being cut off from the collective in the person of the artist, goes through an acute revolution. A revolution strengthens the impulse of invention. That is why there is a flourishing of art following a revolution, when the inter-relationship between the initiative individual and the collective is clearly defined,
6. Invention is always the working out of impulses and desires of the collective and not of the individual.
7. The world of numbers, as the nearest to the architectonics of art, gives us: 1) confirmation of the existence of the inventor; 2) a complete organic connection of the individual with the collective numeral. There is no error in Khlebnikov’s example. 1) ‘In a series of natural numbers, prime numbers, indivisible and non-recurring, are scattered. Each of these numbers carries with it its new numerical world. From this it follows that among numbers too there are inventors.’ 2) ‘If we take the principle of addition, and add one more to a thousand individuals, the arrival and departure of this individual will be unnoticed. If we take the principle of multiplication, then a positive singular multiplied by a thousand makes the entire thousand positive. A negative singular multiplied by a thousand makes the whole thousand negative. From this it follows that there exists a complete organic connection between the individual and the collective numeral.